Advertisement

Sunday 17 December 2023

Game of the Year: John's Top 5 PS5, PS4 Games of 2023

Our charming group of writers have the pleasure of showcasing their distinctive PS4 and PS5 choices for 2023 through our Game of the Year articles.

5. VENBA

This game is undoubtedly a delight. It hits all the right notes, from its captivating music and sincere storytelling to the irresistible sound of traditional Indian cuisine sizzling in your pan. The short tale about Tamil immigrants seeking their footing in an unfamiliar country manages to excel at every opportunity.

4. LIKE A DRAGON


The Yakuza series, which I've long loved, has been revamped in this fantastic new feudal-era spin-off that delivers everything I adore about the franchise. Although it's a remake of an old PS3 game and features some outdated design elements, these idiosyncrasies only enhance its appeal to me. The exceptional boss battles, captivating plotline, and chance to witness my favorite character Kuze being wicked in a fresh historical context more than make up for any minor flaws.

3. FINAL FANTASY


As a huge fan of the Final Fantasy franchise, I must admit that none of its games have really captured my heart — except for the online version, Final Fantasy XIV. That is until now. Although it would've been even better if there were more classic RPG elements and ending to relish in, overall I thoroughly enjoyed playing through most parts of Final Fantasy XVI. From captivating characters and an intriguing plotline to downright insane boss challenges, this latest edition stands out as one of the best solo-player titles since IX in my eyes.

2. MARVEL'S SPIDER MAN 2


The Spider-Man sequel comes very close to meeting my expectations. Though, the extra features may not be up to par, all other aspects were spectacularly executed. The story gradually picks up momentum and finishes with an impressive bang - Venom serves brilliantly as a formidable adversary. I found both the combat system and traversal mechanics remarkable, while surprisingly even enjoying the Adidas Miles Morales suit which has received backlash from others.

1. LIKE A DRAGON GAIDEN: THE MAN WHO ERASED HIS NAME


Although there were more innovative, fresh and thoughtful games in 2023, my heart has picked Like a Dragon Gaiden as the winner. During the climactic battle of this game, I couldn't stop grinning wildly and when it came to an end, my bottom lip was visibly trembling with emotion. The bite-sized Yakuza experience that Gaiden offered me surpassed all expectations and left me yearning for more such titles filling up gaps within the Like a Dragon timeline series. My only desire is for one release per year from now on - forever.

What is Forex - A Complete Overview About Foreign Exchange or Currency Trading

No comments:

Post a Comment